Friday, February 20, 2015

garden party

March is just around the corner, but it seems winter will be here for awhile.  I've been dreaming up ideas and browsing Pinterest lately for patio makeovers and outdoor spaces.  Last summer i didn't get to work in the yard as much as i would've liked too since i was pregnant.  I did a little bit, but after awhile it was hard to bend over.  Jeremy got out there and tried to clear out the back "woods", but got some bad poison ivy (I got it the summer before) and wasn't in any hurry to get back out there. So now we have piles of broken up sticks that need to be cleared out, dead potted plants, and holes in the ground that Ziva has dug up.

I put up a string of Christmas lights our first spring here but after I put them up and plugged them in half the lights were out (I tested them before I put them up but I guess I didn't notice that some were out).  I kept them up though. They've only been turned on a handful of times. I wish we took more advantage of the patio in the evenings.  We'd like to get a fire pit or chimenea. Jeremy bought me some nice big bulb outdoor lights for Christmas. Maybe if the space was a little nicer, more comfortable (and gave Jeremy something to do to...he likes playing with fire) we'd spend more time out there.

I've always loved the eclectic garden party look.  Lots of lights and lanterns and mix and match chairs and tables. My moms garden is like that. Did you ever see Because of Winn Dixie? The old ladies garden with the bottles in the tree and the lights. Me and mom my loved that and always reference that when talking about garden parties. I had a garden party for 16th birthday with a few friends. Jeremy's parents fixed up their yard and decorated it beautifully for our rehearsal dinner. Even our wedding reception was garden party themed.  Have you ever seen the tv show Parenthood? It's really good and I cried in almost every episode. I'm so sad its over! The parents backyard though always looked so much fun.  I'd love to do something like that.

I try not to do too much in our current house since we're renting, but I can't wait to fix it up some.  I really can't wait till we have our own place someday that I can really make my own.  Since it's cold and snowy outside here are few pictures i found on Pinterest that i love!...










Hope you're staying warm!  
Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...