Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Warrior Dash

The other week we did our first Warrior Dash.  Jeremy's sister, Lisa, and her husband, Jonathan, came to do it with us.  They've done it a couple times before and signed us up for Christmas last year.  I was a little nervous how i'd do with the jogging, but it wasn't nearly as bad as i was thinking.  We stopped for a few minutes if we had to but we mostly jogged it all.  Lisa said the one in GA is muddier and has more water.  We were pretty much dry the entire time except at the very end.  We jumped over the fire and went through the mud pit.  It was so thick i was floating.  I was doing the froggy style swimming in it.  We were muddy from the neck down.  It was really nice that day, not too hot and a little bit of a breeze.  They had a firetruck there spraying people.  Jonathan went in and said it was freezing.  I hate being cold.  But i wanted to try and wash some of the mud off and put on a dry t-shirt. (plus it was drying on my arms and pulling my hair)  I went in and was barely getting enough water on me to really do anything.  I could hardly breath it was so cold.  That was a mistake.  I was pretty cold after that for awhile. I ended up throwing my shoes in the giveaway pile that they have.  Besides being cold afterwards it was a lot of fun!   Have you ever heard of the Zombie Run?  People dressed up like zombies chasing you and trying to get your flags (like flag football).  I guess if they grab all 3 your considered dead/turned into a zombie.  I think it's similar to the Warrior Dash, but with zombies after you.  Sounds fun!  and kinda scary.




...i'm doing the Mckayla Maroney "not impressed" look


Ziva Warrior Princess


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...