Monday, July 25, 2011

Meet Me in St. Louis

It all started about 10 months ago.  Jeremy and I got married September 18th and by the end of the month we were making the big move from a small town in South Georgia to St. Louis, MO.  It was really the first time leaving home for me and i was ready to get out of town.  Little did i know what i was getting in to. 

St. Louis has had its ups and downs for me.  Mainly the weather.  I was not used to snow or tornadoes.  In south Georgia it's pretty much just hot 3 out of 4 seasons. Spring and Fall usually last just a few weeks. So getting to see the trees change and having it last for awhile was nice.  Although the winter was kinda rough.  People kept telling us that the winters weren't usually that bad...I'll have to see for myself.  But after buying a new super warm coat i guess it wasn't as bad. 

The first couple of months were a little lonely and exciting at the same time.  It was fun going out and seeing the sites.  We live downtown and can see some of the Arch from our loft apartment, which is cool.  We were mainly just trying to get settled in and get familiar with the area.  It is pretty different then from what I'm used to back home.  You usually have to take the interstate to get anywhere and i was scared to drive on it!  For the longest time i wouldn't leave unless i was with Jeremy (and also because i couldn't...it took forever to get the parking lot gate opener thing).  After awhile though i ventured out and it was kinda exciting!  It did start to get a little lonely but not too bad.  I usually wanted to go out and do things with Jeremy when he got home from work but he never did.  So i got tired of waiting and started to go out by myself.  

Back home i had had 3 (part time) jobs leading up before the wedding and moving.  I worked at a restaurant, babysitting and a dance teacher.  So when we moved here i had no job.  I still have no job.  Which has been kinda nice.  Although when people ask me what i do i feel like I'm taking the walk of shame and say that i stay at home, even though there is nothing wrong with that.  So over the past several months i have picked up several art projects and crafts (Jeremy sometimes calls me witchcrafty) and have loved making things of my own.  Sometimes i get ideas on the internet or see something and just think "Hey i can make that!" So i do. Its been a lot of fun.  So thats one reason i wanted to start this blog.  To share the things that i make, photos i take, things that inspire me and just events going on in my life. 


Oh yea, i forgot to mention, in December we got a puppy.  A siberian husky named Ziva.  She is definitely a handful, but we love her.  She has also gotten me out there and i have met some people, wheither it be just people in our building, the dog park, or petsmart. 



Ziva on Christmas day a couple weeks after we got her
 

Ziva at about 8 months
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...