Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chinese Lantern Festival

This past Saturday we went to the Chinese Lantern Festival at the Botanical Gardens.  The garden itself looked really pretty, but the lanterns were really awesome.  Most of them were made of wire and silk, but there were a few made with plastic bottles, porcelain plates, and little glass medicine bottles.  I didn't bring my big camera and was so upset that i didn't.  These pictures are taken with my phone so the lanterns probably don't look as cool.  After we left the gardens we went out for some frozen custard and as soon as we sat down to eat fireworks near by started going off.  Not sure what they were for, but Jeremy said they were for my birthday (which was the next day).




This is the one made with plastic bottles...

she did all kinds of tricks with this table



 This one is made with glass medicine bottles...


there were dragons on both sides of the flower that were made with porcelain plates and cups.
they also moved their heads and blew smoke.





Giant Fern! 

birthday treats and fireworks!


On my birthday we went out to Wendys for lunch (my choice...who needs fancy dinners :).  Jeremy got me a record player and i went out to some antique stores.  I ended up finding a record i really wanted...Neil Young, Harvest.  Later that evening we saw a movie. Pretty great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/18/2012

    that's some amazing photos in amazing places! love it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...