Monday, June 2, 2014

Ditty of the Day

Yesterday we went for a long walk.  When i left the house i thought about changing my shoes, but i knew i had worn those sandals walking for hours before and thought I'd be fine (wore them all day just about everyday in Thailand). Well i don't know if it's because i haven't walked that far in 6 months, gained weight, or my feet were just sweaty and swollen, but when i got home i had 2 big blisters on the bottoms of each of my feet. When we were half way done i knew they were hurting and when i stopped they would burn and hurt worse.  I struggled to make it back to the car, adding an extra waddle to my already pregnant waddle.  I didn't notice the blisters till a little while later.  One big one on the ball of my foot and another about an inch long on the outer side of my foot...on both feets!!  The rest of the evening i hobbled around.  I got up a couple times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and couldn't go back to sleep and then "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes"  kept running through my mind.  Not sure why, but i kept humming it. The blisters are still there and I'm still hobbling around on my heels.  I will definitely have to wear better shoes next time!


I'm pretty sure I've posted other Paul Simon (or Simon and Garfunkel) songs on here before, but they are one of my favorite artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...