Sunday, May 24, 2015

A floral arrangement

Jeremy went on a hiking trip last week with friends and so for the past month we went to REI so he could get all his hiking/camping gear.  A lot of times I would have Rose in the carrier and walk around some of the other stores in the area.  Pier One, Nordstrom Rack, and Whole Foods.  One time i bought a dress at Nordstrom Rack, another time we accidentally broke a mug in Pier One by getting Roses food caught in the mug while reaching for something, and another time I bought these flowers at Whole Foods. 

I feel like I've done a similar arrangement before...same flowers and such.  I hate not being able to have access to a big variety of flowers.  I mean I suppose I do in a way, but it's either not what I want (kinda a flower snob here) or it'll cost too much.  Flowers aren't cheap!  And especially peonies.  So I grabbed 2 bunches of peonies and a bunch of tulips...the rest was from my front yard.  I didn't get as many pictures as I usually like to take, but it started to rain so I had to cut my photo shoot short.  It probably wasn't the right time of day to take pictures anyway, I kept trying to get the blue vase to really pop and it just wasn't happening.  I think that's what really makes this arrangement.  




Ziva took a bite out of one of the tulips to the left there :| 
I've noticed that tulips kinda have a mind of their own...One day they will be a certain way like above and then the next day they are facing all different directions.  One was sticking straight up! And then the next day they were different again too. 


A perfect peony 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...