Saturday, January 4, 2014

Deer head

This year in Jeremy's family we drew names and were suppose to make our gifts for Christmas.  I got his sister, Lisa.  A few years ago i made a paper mache deer head and i remembered she told me that she really like it.  I had thought of making a couple other things and when i was at Hobby Lobby looking at fabric i saw the sliced tree trunk piece and thought about the deer head.  I started collecting newspapers and doing a little bit of research on how i wanted it to look.  I knew it was going to have to be a lot bigger than the one i made before.  It took a little while to get the base going.  The last time i used a bottle and this time it was just newspaper balled up.  After i got the neck, head and ears done i tried to figure out how to do the antlers.  I tried a few different things and nothing was working.  I ended up cutting out the shape in cardboard.  I used The Secret Garden for the words and then glued and nailed it to the sliced wood.





We had to travel with it from Missouri to Georgia and i was afraid it would get messed up.  It arrived in one piece and i was a little sad to part with it!  I like it better than the first one i made and may have to make another one for myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...